Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Live Through This / And You Won't Look Back.

Surgery tomorrow.

Very nervous.

I didn't have much time to digest this new surgery date, which is ironic, because I am on a two-day pre-op fast and have nothing in my tum to digest.  (Though tums always find something from last Wednesday to bring back up as soon as pain meds start.)

Also ironic: I gave up eggs this year, and now I am losing mine.

And "synovial" comes from the Latin "synovium," which means "with eggs."

I am pretty mournful about losing these little eggies.  I also want to apologise to them for not having frozen a few for a rainy day.  I had no idea a thunderstorm was coming.

I'm sorry, little guys.  I am kicking myself so hard it hurts.

My fertility specialist, Dr. Kind Eyes, says that I can get little donor eggies and still be the mum I wanted to be, just through a different process.  He said he'd be honoured to help me do that. Very nice man, that Kind Eyes.

I tried everything, though.  I Googled, I ran all over the place, I was frantic.  There was one experimental possibility, but our beloved government has just passed legislation against it. Thanks.

Then I Googled other things and scared myself.  Google can be dangerous.  Don't do it.

I just realised something ... Easter is ruined for me.  No more Easter candy, please.

'Bye 'bye for a few days or less or more ... 

13 comments:

mcn said...

sending you love and prayers. full of hope.
see you soon!
jen

Craig Walker said...

Thanks for keeping this blog, Laura. My admiration for you just grows and grows.

Ms. Maraldo said...

Speedy fast recovery!
Love and well wishes from down under.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I admire your sense of humour my dear. Chin up and I hope that today went well. Here's to a speedy recovery!!

Love ya!

PpNella said...

thinking of you today

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Love you Laura. This box is too small to say everything I'd like you, so I'll wait a bit longer and tell you when you're feeling better.

Suzanne

Unknown said...

hello you. i hope everything went well...my thoughts are with you...

Anonymous said...

coming to see you on the weekend. Hope you are doing well. xo alicia

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you Laura!
God speed a complete recovery to you!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you all the time and can't wait to see you next summer - keep strong sweetheart! xxx

jess said...

thinking about you and loving you lots. xo

Sarah said...

Thank you for your beautiful, open honesty. My love and support are here for you always! xoxo

Unknown said...

I love you lots, Laura. I am sending you hugs and good thoughts and love.

Ashlie xox